Volunteering at our Children’s Centres
By volunteering at our Children’s Centres you will make a real difference to the local community. Whether you have a few hours a week or are looking to get back into work, you could also learn new skills, improve your CV, build your confidence and meet new people. Not to mention having great fun along the way! To register for interest in becoming a volunteer at our Children’s Centres click here
Parent Voice is one of the ways that you can voice your opinion, to help influence and shape services in your children’s centre and the wider community. Our staff are here to listen to you, and feedback any of your issues and comments to the staff, management team and at community meetings which involve local PCSO’s, councilors and community projects, to ensure we really do help influence local decisions.If you have any comments to add or questions to ask we will be really pleased to hear from you – contact us by emailing us at email@example.com
- Responsible body (in our case this is Action for Children)
- Job Centre Plus
- Members of the health visiting team
- Local community groups and members
- Representatives from the private, voluntary and independent sector (Home start.)
- Faith groups
- County and City Council members
- Local Authority (such as Early Years and Childcare Service)
Under new government legislation, all Children’s Centres are required to have an active board, the role is defined as being to:
- Provide advice and assistance to ensure effective operation of the Children’s Centre
- Support and challenge to the Children’s Services Manager giving strategic oversight in the delivery.
The above definition covers the group as a whole, no one person is expected to do this alone.
For any more information on the Advisory Board please contact Melissa Yelland at the Children’s Centre on 01392 464754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Childcare may be available if parents require it to enable them to come along and by volunteering in your community you could access further training, develop your career and play an active role in an exciting resource to support your children.